Thursday, January 24, 2013

1st Win in Skechers GoRun2

Last Sunday I raced the Rocket Launch 5k down in Santa Monica. It was 54 degrees at race time, but with the wind chill coming off the ocean, it felt like 44! The course was a basic out and back along the coast; the only caveat though was we'd have the wind in our face on the way back. The gun sounded and I took to the lead with a few others, remaining comfortable, being my first race of the season. At the turn around point, I hit the front and didn't look back, despite a wicked head wind. I pressed to the line, in a comfortable 16:46 win. Despite NO speed work yet this off-season, I was pleased with how comfortable 5:20s felt!

This was my first race in the Skechers GoRun2. Simply put, I loved them. They were lightweight and forgiving. They also have more of a racing flat-structure than the original GoRuns which increases its responsiveness ten-fold. I felt all this in a 16 min run. I can only imagine what they will feel like in a 10k or 13.1. Lastly, the seam-less design is merciful on chaps like me with jagged, bunion-ed feet so that was a big plus! I really think the Skechers Performance shoe line has reached that upper-echelon in this competitive industry and it's so humbling to be a part of such a special transformation. Thanks again for all the support!

Up next will be another 5k on Sunday, Jan 27 before I step it up to longer distances. Everything seems to be rounding into shape nicely just in time for my season opener at Escape From Alcatraz on March 3. I'm excited to open at my favorite race of the year, in my home town in front of friends and family.

Looking forward to a great 2013!

Talk soon.

-HH

No comments:

Post a Comment