Friday, March 15, 2013

70.3 Season Opener


I’m en route to Puerto Rico for the first half-ironman of my season. The field is stacked, as big as a world championship field – 50 male pros! We’re expecting scattered showers throughout race morning, but my hope is that it’s a typical tropical storm: rain 5 minutes and pass, rain 5 minutes and pass. Rain in 80 degrees is never too bad, right?


I’ve heard good things about this race course. Pretty flat out-and-back bike and a twice out-and-back run that’s apparently deceptively tough. Looking forward to challenging the elements in addition to this enormous field! All the big players from last year’s race have returned and it’ll bring nothing but the best out of me to toe the line with these powerhouses!

Gun goes off at 6:50 Sunday morning. You can track the race in real time at IronmanLive. A full race report to follow.

Thanks for checking in.

-HH

No comments:

Post a Comment