Thursday, May 31, 2012

Taking a Bath at Dallas ITU

The Pan-American Cup in Dallas takes place this weekend and it looks to be my lone ITU race of the season. I love ITU-style racing-- the competitiveness, the strategy, the international camaraderie. This year however, I've chosen to focus on the 5i50 Race Series and really prepare for next year's ITU season. Again, I love ITU-style racing and couldn't give it ALL up! Besides, a new event in Dallas will be fun and hopefully it sticks, for the sake of the American ITU circuit-- few and far between!

Strong field in Dallas: comprised mostly of Americans, Canadians and Mexicans. It will be a true clash of the Pan-America’s! Straight forward course-- 2-lap swim, 8-lap bike, and 4-lap run. The only variables I see are the expected 95 degrees on Saturday and to add insult to injury, a 2:30pm race start! Also, the water temp is a cool 84…like swimming in a bath! Wish I could don an old skool speedo for this one, much like my pal and first running coach, Kiet Tran, did in Morgan Hill a few weeks back!

Course inspection tomorrow. A full recap will follow Saturday’s race.

Thanks for checking, let’s get into it!

Talk soon.

-HH

GoHHGo

No comments:

Post a Comment