Saturday, June 9, 2012

Escape From Alcatraz!

I arrived in SF last night with the Mrs. and the smaller of our two dogs. Every time I return to this city, it reaffirms how much I love it and how much I miss living here. We couldn’t be welcomed with better weather for Escape From Alcatraz! I’m very excited to be back after missing this race last year due to my bike crash. This race is the epitome of what a triathlon should be – a tough, long swim; a very hilly and technical bike; a grueling run. It really separates the men from the boys, the women from the girls. Besides, what a landmark to start from? Alcatraz!

I finished up my pre-race workouts earlier today with fellow Pro and pal, Jason Pedersen. It’s supposed to be mid-70s tomorrow and pretty pristine conditions. Don’t know yet what the water situation will be but I do know it will be brisk!

Looking forward to busting out my new Xterra Vendetta wetsuit for the first time in a race this season! I’d be absolutely nowhere in this race without it!


Bout to head off to the Pro meeting which is always crucial at this race because they’re going to tell us whether we swim a 35-minute split or a 25-minute split! Hoping for the latter! If you all have the capacity to do so, come check this race out tomorrow morning. It’s about as good a venue as it can get and the general camaraderie is second to none!

If you can't make it, you can track the progress of the race in a couple of ways. Check it out here, to see how you can do that. I even think they have an iphone/android app as well..! I’ll put up a full race report following the race. Let’s get into it!

Thanks for checking in, talk soon.

-HH

No comments:

Post a Comment