Friday, July 27, 2012

1 More 5i50 -- Giant Eagle!

Wow, back at it…en route to Columbus, OH for the 5i50 Giant Eagle Triathlon! I feel like I should have just kept my bike in its box from Muskoka..! Not really though, because I’m happy to say I’ll be riding a new position, thanks to John Cobb and Cobb cycling!

John Cobb, a no-bullshit Texan who loves all things cycling-related, flew to LA for two short days to fine-tune Team Sirius athletes’ bike fits. For those who don’t know John, he’s a bike seat manufacturer and fit guru who played a pivotal part in Lance’s success from the young age of 19! There from the beginning! I’m so appreciative to have him tweak my set-up given his preceding reputation. Thank you a ton, John!

Some may think that changing my set-up right before an important race isn’t the brightest idea. I say nay-nay. In fact, I’m going for broke this weekend and when I expressed my reluctance about changing my position to John, he simply said, “what’s the big deal, it’s only 40k..” He later said the same thing to teammate Damon Barnett about his 70.3 this weekend – “what’s the big deal, it’s only 2 hours in the saddle.”…

NONETHELESS, I’m going to leave it all out on the course because I have to! I’m sitting right on the cusp for the 5i50 Finale qualifying spots and I need to produce another 5th-type performance to better my chances.

Don’t know much about the course except that it’s a popular triathlon and the field is good quality, headlined by Mr. Greg Bennett. Last I heard, the water temp will be in the high 70s to low 80s. No wetsuit, but you can believe I'll be wearing my Xterra M - speedsuit! I’ll check in later when I know more and of course produce a full blow-by-blow post-race!

Thanks for checking in, talk soon!

-HH

No comments:

Post a Comment