Friday, December 18, 2009

After Much Anticipation...the G-trainer!

Hello again!

After having been postponed for some time (i.e. procrastination) I can finally share with all of you the Anti-Gravity Treadmill, also known as the G-trainer. Located at Darwin Fogt's Evolution Physical Therapy in Playa Vista, CA, this machine does wonders for anyone and everyone. Included in this blog are pictures and videos. I apologize ahead of time for the echo-y audio on the first video...I'm no Scorsese!

One thing I failed to ask Darwin in the intro video was exactly what the G-trainer does! In a nutshell, it applies pressure inside the bubble which in effect lifts you up, thus minimizing your body weight. In other words, it allows you to have the same type of cardio workout you would otherwise receive on a regular run, but with a decreased amount of impact, because you are only running at a percentage of your body weight.

Onto the good stuff...

Darwin Fogt, MPT, President of Evolution Physical Therapy



I began using it because I had an excruciatingly painful patella tendinitis issue. In order to keep my running fitness up without further aggravating my patella, I would run workouts on the g-trainer at 65% my body weight. Slowly over a three month period, I increased my body weight to a point where I could restart my regular outdoor run training. I liked the g-trainer so much that I decided to incorporate it into my weekly training regimen as a precautionary measure. Now I use it twice a week – once for a medium paced run, and once for a hard effort run, both at 90% my body weight. As a result, I can thankfully say I have been injury-free since I started using this amazing machine a year ago!

G-trainer Prior to Inflation





G-trainer After Inflation





G-trainer in Motion



I wound up having a great session on the g-trainer. A ten minute warm-up at 6:15 pace, a ten minute push at 5:00 pace and then ramped it up to 4:45 pace for another ten minute push, immediately following the previous one. I ended with a ten minute warm down, slowly decreasing my speed while gradually bringing my body weight back up to 100% (from 90%).

Anyone interested in fighting back injuries while at the same time maximizing fitness, would be a fool not to try the g-trainer. At Evolution Physical Therapy, it's merely $30 for a 25 minute session and $60 for 55 minutes. Not a bad bargain considering the price tag for one of these puppies is $75K!!

I apologize again for taking so long to post about the g-trainer but good things come to those who wait, right???

Thanks for checking in!

Talk soon.

-H

No comments:

Post a Comment